MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb Hashtags -> interest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My site is based on a football team and there are a lot of similar topics that get bandied about a lot, there are also various groups within the site that want to get news out etc.

I have been thinking about developing hashtags for this reason. The concept I was thinking of would be as follows

- User creates a post and enters #[thetag]
- Other users can search through tags, or go to a page that is ordered from most popular to least popular tag, click on it and be given a list of posts/threads with the hashtag
- Users can subscribe to a hashtag and will get a PM whenever the hashtag is used

A few examples of the usage would be

On my site we have a group called MWTS this is the travelling supporters, who go to all the games, from time to time information needs to go out to people going to the games, as such, the leader could post #[MWTS] in his post and all people who are subscribed get a PM letting them know there is new information regarding the game for them.

Another use case would be as follows
- We use Joomla for the front end of the site, I have news that is posted on Joomla, this automatically creates a thread with the intortext and a link to the article.
- we could add the additional hashtag to this of #[news] or #[SeaEaglesNews] and then people will quickly be able to find all the news topics or specific news topics.

Now only a few people have put their hands up to say they would like this on my site, so I need more motivation to actually code this. If anyone is interested, let me know and if it generates enough I will code this out.

Dan
I'm interested, Hashtags might be a great MyBB plugin, thanks.
I am also interested in this, any body done this already?
I am not sure whether this still works... try it yourself...

http://mods.mybb.com/view/mytags
I see a review there:
Quote:It properly works as I wanted but there's only a "BUG"!
Why doesn't hashtag work if there's a "." or "," or any other sign immediately after the word if I do not leave a blank?

For example, if I write "#thisismyword" it will work, while if I write "#thisismyword", or "#thisismyword." it won't work?
Do you have idea whether this is fixed?