MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback on a website template.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just completed A 1 page website template. I was looking for feedback on how it looks and how it displays on diffrent screen sizes, browser, etc. You can view the demo here. Don't mistake this as advertising because it's not. It is almost 5:00AM and I don't feel like making a custom banner for the site. (I just got done coding after 6 hours.)

UPDATE: I have made a V2 taking in the suggestions everyone has given to me. Please post feedback on this template aswell. DEMO

Also, I have been doing this kind of work for about 3 days now. I seem to be learning fast. :B
Tons of empty space on 1920x1080. Also dark text on a dark background is never good either.
It's must to dark. Althoguh it's good for night broswing.
Definitely agreeing with the other two, but I also want to mention the fact that the links look really weird in that colour. Also, get into the habit of indenting your code correctly. Oh, and I noticed you used the <center> tag - which is pretty outdated. I'd also add an action to the form tag (though it's only a template, so I'd have a blank action) or else it won't validate.
This is my first template I have ever made. Been doing reaserch . Should I have used a CSS center or a <div align="Center"></div>
You would have been better off using something along the lines of this:

HTML:

<div class="footer">
Your Website (c) 2011 Design by Oh! Gamers
</div>

CSS:

.footer {
text-align: center;
}
The blue links on the black BG hurt my eyes. Otherwise it looks good.
I'm working on a V2 of the template currently. Please keep the feedback coming. Smile Only way I can improve.
lighten or darken the background color of the two boxes where Lorem Ipsum text is present. Reduce the shadow. Change link color.

A good start though. Good luck.
I've taken all of this into consideration and made a V2. I have tweaked the overall look. It is still coded completely in CSS3 no images used. I have lightened the shadows, fixed the anchors, etc. I'm a bit shakey because I'm not sure if it will display correctly on different screen resolutions. Here is the link: Gloomy Day V2
Pages: 1 2