MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High Bandwidth caused by DNS Zone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. My website's bandwidth usage is currently 3.8 GB and it's nearly been one month already. I don't think I've received a lot of traffic this month either, though. Is that normal? I have an idea to what might be causing it, but I'm not sure if it's related to the bandwidth usage or not.

I have a A zone that is basically a subdomain that links and hides the IP to one of my game server that's separate from the webhost. I have had a lot of people accessing that IP and was wondering if that throughput is counted with the bandwidth usage?
I would imagine so but it only be a few bytes for each request. Do you have any sort of bandwidth tracking on your sites?(control panels usually come with it if you have one)
3.8 GB for 1 month or 3.8 GB for each day ?

3.8 GB a month is very lite Smile
The A record should not be using any bandwidth on your webserver unless it's serving content from it (which you say it is not).

I'm assuming this is a cPanel server so you should be able to click on the "Bandwidth" icon and it will breakdown your bandwidth usage by domain/protocol and even by day to see where your bandwidth is being used.
btw this is very small
my site very small site and 950gb for this month. any idea how to make it low? Confused
You should take this up with your host. If you're using 950 GB of bandwidth a month, with little traffic, something is out of whack.
950GB /Month.. Undecided It's like running MyBB Community Forum already..
(2011-10-31, 05:39 AM)Bhashana Wrote: [ -> ]btw this is very small
my site very small site and 950gb for this month. any idea how to make it low? Confused
I thought my VPS using 195GB in October was high. (but it's not just my hosts monitoring, I have my own monitor too)
Are you even close to meeting your quota? If not don't worry about it at all.
If it's real important to you then services like Cloudflare can save you a ton of bandwidth.

Also what's your MyBB forum because the one in your profile is Vanilla.
Wow, I keep forgetting about my own threads. Toungue Thanks for all of your responses. I guess I was just overreacting as the high bandwidth didn't cause any troubles in the past month; I'm not used to seeing a high amount of bandwidth every month. Most of the bandwidth usage was by HTTP requests.

@labrocca: I was testing Vanilla in a live environment. It's on MyBB now and hopefully it's loading fast enough. Wink