MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Forum Idea - Please read this + rate it! Thank you!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to open a new myBB-Forum soon, and i've already a idea about the koncept. Please rate my idea, and please tell me if you would join that forum.

It's a little bit hard to expain,  but i try my best.

My Forum is like a shopping central. In a house there are many shops.

In my Forum everyone who have 10 Posts can open their "shop".(They can open a forum)

Example :
Someone have 10 Posts , and now they can open a forum in my forum. Like a gaming forum. And they can decide who can see their forum,...

I will create a category, and everyone who have 10 Posts can open a new forum in the category, and they can decide if it's public for everyone, or just for decided members.

If a member have 200 Posts, they can open a whole category. For example a category about... clothes. And they can create many forums they want in their category.
people with 10 posts can just create one forum in a category.
It's like a shopping central.
In a shopping central there is a big "house", and there are many shops in the "house".
In my forum there are many forums from other members, people with 10 Posts can open their "shop"( they can create a forum, and they can choose the topic of the forum) in my forum. A member with 250 Posts can open a "big shop" (a category with the forums they want)

Like a shop. A owner of a shop can decide, what he want to sell. 
In my Forum the people with 10 posts can decide which forum with which topic they wanna create.
And as i said, they can also decide who can join their "shop"(their forum), if it's public for everyone, or just for decided people.

People can moderatore their own forums in my forum.
There will be awards like Big Forum owner (if a member have a forum with over 1.000 Posts he will get the award), and many others.
You will earn Virtual cash too, and you can buy things with the virtual cash.

I hope you understand me; feel free to ask anything.

Please rate my idea. Who would join?
Any suggestions / critic?
Thank you.Smile
It sounds very ambitious. It'd be rather hard to do. It'd also be very huge and bad for the server.
I will buy a decided, good server. So server is not a matter.Smile
You almost might be better making a Post 4 Host MyBB multiforums site.
(2011-11-03, 09:56 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]You almost might be better making a Post 4 Host MyBB multiforums site.

That's what I thought when reading it.

I mean it's an interesting idea that I can see working but well if does work eventually it will get to big for it's own good.
If it gets too big (over 30 forums) i will i crease the minimum Post count to 500.
And maybe you must have 20 reputation or something like that.

I would love it if my forum gets big Big Grin
Here is something to consider, you are letting your members control their own section, right? Say they are being unruly or mean to the members who joined their forum section, and those members decide to leave. Then what do you do? You have given the power to the member, and you don't know how they are going to run part of your forum.

Hope that makes sense.
We will have staffs who have Access to all forums. They will control all forums, don't worry.
They won't do orange.
Your idea doesn't scale well with the idea of succuss. If you blow up, you'd pretty much have a huge problem.

Also, what tells me if you won't buy a .net domain on your own, you won't likely buy a dedicated.
Let alone hire somebody to code a working live environment solution to handling this....
Pages: 1 2