MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Planing to open a new myBB Forum.. Need some opinions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, i wanna open a new myBB Forum.
Last year i had a gaming forum with around 500 members, but i closed it for some personal reasons. (I used phpBB ; but now i want to use myBB, i think it's better than phpBB)

I don't know which topic i should choose for my forum.
Well, i have those ideas:
1) I open a forum with this idea with my friend "The Stage" :
http://community.mybb.com/thread-107153.html
( I will open this forum with my friend)

2) GFX Forum :
I will open a GFX-Forum for all Graphicers.
There will be sections like Resource Center, Tutorials, Graphic Designs, CSS; Graphic Services, and much more.
I will also code some plugins and do some Things like Graphic of the Week, or some Graphic Contests.
I will create a unique Theme for my forum too.
3) General Forum
-Forum about everything; there will be a lobby for general discussions; web devolpment, gaming, coding, computing, Life Support,..
4) Webmasters Forum
I will open a new forum for Webmasters.
I will also give some nice Tutorials, like how to increase alexa ranks, Backlinks, ..

In which Forum you would join ? Which Forum i should open?

I'm happy to hear all opinions.
Thanks in Advance.

See you. Smile
Honestly, idea 1 is unique, but it would be hard to implement and maintain. For ideas 2, 3 and 4, there are already tons of such Forums out there.

If i were you, i would choose a niche which i know better. Like if i know Graphics better, i would choose the GFX niche. And if you choose a niche, just don't make it look like all other similar forums. A custom theme won't be sufficient to make it unique. Think of an idea which is unique in the specific niche and build your Forum around it.
Wrong: See MyBB, get idea
Right: Get idea, see MyBB
nice, unique, pleasant domain
Clean, eye catching theme/design.
CONTENT Smile
@phwebmaster.net

Yes. But which Topic i should choose? Smile

And thanks for the comments. Smile
In which forum you all would join?
In my part, obviously web master forum Smile

If you don't know what kind of forum to start with.
Just ask yourself, what are the topics you love..
And start creating a community with it.
A forum on diseases of the fingernail. That's a pretty unique niche.

Toungue

But, in all seriousness, try to come up with something original. What was your old forum?
Avoid oversaturated niches. Type "webmaster forum", "graphics forum" or "general discussion forum" into google and you'll get many millions of results. Remember they are ALL your competition.

Look for something unique, and stick with it Smile
A forum on vehicles if you are old enough to drive them. All types of vehicles - cars, boats, planes etc.
Yeah, i think i will create the 1) Forum with my friend point8!
Pages: 1 2