MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ideas for domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, basically, I gotta domain, omaigoodness.com. Right now it's just redirecting to a thread on one of my forums. I want to develop it in some way, it doesn't need to be a forum, as a matter of fact I'd prefer it not to be. Any ideas?
make easy login (eg. open id login , facebook login ...) and let users post their (wonderful / silly) ideas / images ...
OR use it for posting world records / celebrity gossips / ....
with "mai" it sounds new and young - almost "scene kid". Goodness is actually quite open. You could do a "scene" culture blog, or even a funny anti-scene blog. The first thought that popped into my head was, Victor Meldrew trying to understand what was going on. If it was done in a light-hearted way that was perhaps aimed at parents, it could do quite well.
I was originally thinking lolcats Toungue

I'm willing to sell it too. What do y'all think it's worth?
Another lolcat site nooo Big Grin

It could potentially be worth a little bit to the right person, with the name it may have a limited shelf life, as that kind of language progresses quite quickly. If it was me, I'd be inclined to put some nice static niche content on it, or a blog if you're feeling game, build a little traffic and sell the site in 6 months.

Having it pointing to another one of your sites will put people off, and a site is likely to get a better return even with just some adsense on it, than parking it. I wouldn't do more than basic SEO, and no dodgy link stuff.

Going down that route, and asking around the likes of flippa, and digitalpoint and you'll a/ find a buyer who would just love that name, or b/ be able to sell it for a reasonable amount.

On flippa, basic stuff with good stats, will go for around 150-300 dollars. Unique artwork, a few unique scripts and offering to help the new buyer out after purchase could net you another 50-100 dollars. Who knows you may create something that makes enough that it's not worth selling :O