MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mobile Blogging Platform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As part of a end-of-semester project, I am supposed to brainstorm and design a 'Modern Mobile Blogging Platform'. The question is supposed to be vague and there is no right answer. I thought I'd get the help of the MYBB community.

Here's what I thought of so far:

1) It should be in the form of mobile (IOS, Android...)apps or an app as to remove the constraint of a browser.

2) Can allow both content creation and consumption that fits mobile needs

3) Uses all of the I/O available from the mobile device. The blogging platform should allow for easy posting of images/video straight from the phone's camera, text input from the touchscreen, sound recording from the mic, doodling or sketching or handwriting...The app must hence be fully integrated with the rest of the mobile device.

4) The app must allow for content consumption in a manner that's optimized for mobile viewing.

5) Blogs should be able to be accessed using the same app used for publishing content?

6) Blogs should be customizable?

7) App should list all blogs that exists?

What more can you think of..?
If it's a mobile blog I would look for something more micro blog like. Keep the UI simple and clean and messages shorter. So basically make a twitter app imo Toungue.
Fair point, I wanted to make something richer and that allowed for the sharing of more in-depth content. I know of another group already doing micro-blogging.
There's already several good micro-blogging sites out there, like Tumblr and Posterous, so whatever you come up with has to be better than theirs.
Other than that, I don't have any suggestions.
I'm trying to keep away from micro-blogging.

We've figured out a good chunk of the project anyways!