MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ditching "frames" on my website.. HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, html-noob here. No formal web training and not versed in HTML at all. More of a hardware guy. My question is regarding CSS <div> tags. I have a website, layed out much like this one (header at the top with a horizontal menu bar and a body below). With framesets, this was easy as the top frame never changed and when you clicked on a link, it would appear in the "body" or "main" frame.

Well that sucks for search engines and being able to hit "back" on the browser. So how can I have my forums with my usual top header and NOT do that in frames?
From the sounds of it you'll have to replace the header part of the site on all your files (assuming the rest is static html).

Can we have a link?
(2011-11-27, 02:21 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]From the sounds of it you'll have to replace the header part of the site on all your files (assuming the rest is static html).

Can we have a link?

So I just go to www.myforumname.com/forums and then put my common header at the beginning? Will that make the actual forums appear in the "body" section of the page?
Sorry for my confusing wording. I just re-read it and it made little sense, ha ha! I guess my basic problem is I don't know how to insert an entire web page into a Div tag. Before, I just had a frame and it was easy as each from was its own web page with links and all that. Now I'm just stumped.