MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google crawling free domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum on a .co.cc domain, and my question is.
Why is google crawling it if it won't index them anymore ?!
Isn't that like a waste of time and resources ?
Google shouldn't be crawling it.... huh.
It still shows up most of the time, I don't understand why.
I can't find my forum at google though so I banned google's search bot Big Grin
Huh.

Get a .tk Toungue Or a real domain Toungue
It's just like nofollow. Google will still visit a nofollow link, but it won't index it.
As malcolm says, google will still crawl it, just not add it to its index. It will use your site as a vector for finding more domains that are possibly not already in its index.
(2011-11-27, 07:13 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Huh.

I refuse to spend money on the internet or earn money with it, it's a complete hobby.
I do however use adf.ly, with that I'm planning to buy a domain.
But until then, sub has to do.
(2011-11-28, 04:40 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-27, 07:13 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Huh.

I refuse to spend money on the internet or earn money with it, it's a complete hobby.
I do however use adf.ly, with that I'm planning to buy a domain.
But until then, sub has to do.

There are lots of people that spend a crapton of money on their hobbies (and that's just one niche). Spending $0.83 a month is nothing compared to normal spending in other hobbies. Plenty of them make money too, though that's more optional.
Getting domain isn't hard man. If you don't have any sources to earn from rapidly, you could join some PPD sites and upload some of the things and post on forums, am sure it'd easily fetch you 10$ and that is what you need. Being lazy haven never lead anyone to success.