MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking into a way of modding the IP logging function so that while the other IP logging functions work but the admin and the mods IP' do not get logged. So no logging for posts, no logged signup IP, none of that. Is this possible to achieve?
Why exactly would you want this? It's not like you can do much with an IP anyway.
(2011-11-28, 03:14 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like you can do much with an IP anyway.
Wrong, it could be asked, What you cannot do with an IP. It alone is enough to exploit your PC with the tools of today's world.

(2011-11-28, 04:49 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-28, 03:14 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like you can do much with an IP anyway.
Wrong, it could be asked, What you cannot do with an IP. It alone is enough to exploit your PC with the tools of today's world.

You are in-fact wrong, if this was true the internet in itself would be a complete failure. Anyone that wants it, can get it.

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Hi.
Nope, it isn't that hard to do it. PM me if you'd like to know how. And the thing which you showed me is that is why not allowed on many forums, collecting IP isn't something which is allowed, a hacker only needs IP and he could do a lot with it.
Literally the only things you can do are:
Find their location (Which is usually not correct)
D/DoS (But it'd be dumb as piss to do that to a home connection, lol)

In order to exploit the end user (Whether that be through Telnet or w/e) they'd have to have absolutley 0 protection. Hell, even the default Windows Firewall will protect you. (And correct me if I'm wrong, but a router will usually do so as well.)

I have no idea where you've been that has that rule, because anyone that does should be considered mentally challenged. If I post an image from my site, I have your IP in my connection log. Easy as that.

If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead. 68.227.125.55, take your best shot. Smile
Here's a thread to reiterate my point: http://community.mybb.com/thread-69679.html
You know about Metasploit? Smile

And no, I don't hack, so there is no point of myself doing that. And I'd advice to hide your IP as well.
PM'd you crazy4cs.
@pyridine actually my IP points to my doorstep Sad
And you can do quite a lot with a IP.
He never answered so can anyone else help?
Ah sorry, I saw it but I forgot to reply, I'd reply you now.
Pages: 1 2