MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not sure this is the right section, but could anyone help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the closest board to server management that i am aware of, lol

Alright, I have a CentOS 5.7 server running cPanel on it, does anyone know how to (if it's even possible) run a SVN repository from it? I've looked and everything i've found didn't work. Would appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks!
Cool, i'll try that in a bit. Thanks for the reply!
yum install subversion
cd /var/www/repos/
svnadmin create my_repo

That's the gist of it.
I wouldn't run SVN on a server with a heavy load already. Cpanel (lest the optimized VPS version, but then having SVN on that is also gauging)

Why won't any other site work? Say git and BitBucket, or something of the sort.
I got Subversion installed, BUT It doesn't seem to be working.

When i run
svn list –verbose file:///home/phprpg/public_html/svn/
it throws
[email protected] [~/www/svn]# svn list -verbose file:///home/phprpg/public_html/svn
svn: invalid option character: e
Type 'svn help' for usage.
[email protected] [~/www/svn]#

ALSO: I don't plan on installing it in the public_html directory, i'm just installing it there so maybe someone can help figure out what the problem is. After i figure it out i'm going to reinstall in my home directory.

:\ not sure what i'm doing wrong. The url to my SVN repo will be http://phprpg.net/svn

it's probably something EXTREMELY stupid. Maybe it's because i'm not setting up the repo with root? Is that required? I only setup with phprpg user because that is the one that the repo will run on.

Thanks in advance for helping.

@aristotle My server has 2 quad-core cpus @ 2.8 (i'm pretty sure of the clock. posative about cores/number), and 32 gb ram, i think it'll be fine Toungue It uses cPanel Accelerated 2
I don't want to use other services because I need private repositories. Currently i'm using Google Codes, but they lack the privacy i need ^^
EDIT: I've gotten it to work i believe. But, how do i make it viewable in a browser similar?