MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums are done...how to insert them into a div tag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finished, for the most part, my forums. Not, to match the rest of the site (same header, sides, etc etc), I want them to fit into a "body" div tag. How do I insert it there? Or more importantly, how do I open my forums in Dreamweaver to edit it to add the stuff to the top?
Umm, you can't really do either. You'll have to modify the header templates in MyBB to match the header of the rest of your site.

Well there is one way but I refuse to recommend it.
MyBB uses a template system, so you need to make your modifications those templates to make them look like your existing site. Modify the header and footer templates to "wrap" the MyBB output in your existing site's header and footer.

You can not modify the layout of your forums in Dreamweaver as the layout is stored in the database template system.
Oh, that's great guys! I had it all backwards then! Don't insert the forums into the webpage....insert the heading from the webpage into the forms through admin access! Perfect! Thanks!!

So is that in the "global.css" section?
No it's in:
ACP->Templates and Style->templates-yourtemplatename->header

There will also be a CSS style sheet for your theme at:
ACP->templates and style->themes->yourtemplatename->global.css

Smile
In the future for better support

> http://community.mybb.com/forum-127.html
Thanks guys!!