MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why did you choose mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are plenty of other forum software out there (non need naming) and you chose mybb to power your community.

Why did you choose to go with mybb instead of other software?

Was it the forum software as a whole, the great support, the amazing selection of addons, styles or was it something else?
(2011-12-10, 04:06 PM)SHX Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you choose to go with mybb instead of other software?

Because free never tasted so good. Smile
Honestly....

I chose MyBB because you could click the forum icons to make the forum be read Toungue

True story....
1) It's free
1a) Other free software sucks compares to MyBB - cases in point: phpBB, SMF
2) It has an awesome Support Team and Community Forum
3) It has awesome plugin developers & theme designers
3a) It's incredibly easy to learn how to create plugins and themes and join the ranks of the above

And, because "free never tasted so good".
(2011-12-10, 04:32 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly....

I chose MyBB because you could click the forum icons to make the forum be read Toungue

True story....

I won't say that's why I chose it but is the small details that made me love mybb Toungue. I feel it's the only software that does just enough to be more than basic and not bloated (and the plugin system rules too).
I will just say that phpBB's plugin system sucks. And at that time, I didn't know any PHP.
(2011-12-11, 05:53 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I will just say that phpBB's plugin system sucks. And at that time, I didn't know any PHP.

Since when do manual code edits suffice as plugins ?
PHPBB does now have a plugin system if I recall correctly Smile
Pages: 1 2 3