MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fedora 16 Apache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get this error when trying to access a folder hosted on Apache.

"The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost/~shannon/Forum/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

I can access everything just fine, except this. Does anyone have any idea why?
When you can say you can "access everything just fine" please describe what you mean.

Can you go here:
http://localhost/~shannon

What URL does work?
I have another forum setup for developing plugins and it works and yes that URL and everything inside works but this.
Do you have a bad .htaccess file in there? Toungue
Also realize that in *nix the folders are case sensitive. Are you sure the forum folder is "Forum" or is it "forum"?
(2011-12-12, 06:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Also realize that in *nix the folders are case sensitive. Are you sure the forum folder is "Forum" or is it "forum"?

That would have given a 404 though. It seems like they are getting an error message from their browser saying it cannot connect oO. Or their apache is configured weird :\
If you have error-reporting disabled in php.ini it can throw a 500 instead of a 404. I've fixed that before on my college's webserver >_>

Make sure Error-Reporting is On, then retry, it should give you a better error. If you still get a 500, then its possible there some errors in your config files Smile
@labrocca I'm 100% sure the folder name is correct.

@Dylan M. There is no .htaccess file in there, I've already checked that out.

@Tom K. I'm not sure how, sorry.
You'll need to find your PHP.ini file, and open it. You then need to look for something called "display_errors" and set it to "on" Smile that might solve the issue Smile

You could also make sure the following line is like so:
"error_reporting = E_ALL" Smile
I'm not sure where my php.ini file is located, do you know?
Pages: 1 2