MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cannot rate own threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kinda self explanatory. Either as a global setting, per group or hardcoded. I have no preference as to which but there needs to be some control.

From my point of view it's something which should have been included long ago.
Definitely should be an option IMO.
Fair enough.
Is it not already a option? In my forums, users can't rate own threads, at least me Huh
(2011-12-12, 06:27 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not already a option? In my forums, users can't rate own threads, at least me Huh
You might be using that free plugin by Labrocca.

I disabled all the ratings on my forums, now they load much faster and I don't have that problem of "today I'm in a bad mood I'll give 1 star to all the threads", and then users complaining why their threads have bad ratings...

@Nathan, that issue should be fixed, but users can create other accounts and rate their threads... Huh
(2011-12-12, 07:21 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]@Nathan, that issue should be fixed, but users can create other accounts and rate their threads... Huh

Users can also create accounts and give themselves reputation. This thread is about the initial issue, not about fixings ways around it. It's a scenario which is impossible to fix.
I don't know why users take the time to rate their own threads, do somebody search threads by their rate or something? I don't think so.
Agree. I don't have much more to say than that.
An awesome idea! It's too borring to use a plugin for that, nice idea Smile
Pages: 1 2