MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions for a CMS with Good User Management options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to build a website for a company that will work as a portal. There will be several different levels of users that will access this portal (Workers, Worker Managers, Administrators, Workers from a Different Department, Their Managers).

What I need is a CMS that can create a website where I can limit permissions to certain categories based on assigned user roles. For example, the front page will be open to everybody, and, for example, only "Doctors" will be able to view the "Doctors" category, and only Doctor Managers will be able to edit Doctors.

Unfortunately, I have gone through about 20 CMSs and I'm not liking any of them. WordPress is one of the ones I'm more comfortable with, but its user permission system is terrible. Joomla seems to be the only thing close to accomplishing what I need, but its so complicated that I doubt anybody with little web experience will be able to use it.

So are there any suggestions for what I can do for this?
I suggest trying to create your own. Try building one with Django.
It's possible with drupal but it's about the hardest CMS to wrap your head around Toungue.