MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Cloudflare apparently helps prevent DDoS and various other things (I don't know much about it). So, I signed up and it's running, was this the right thing to do? Will it make any difference if I use it or not?

Shannon
if it is running fine then keep it ! see related discussion
Give Damon about a day.

Let's put it this way, if you set it up right, you shouldn't lose anything really.
I disabled it, can't be bothered with it. Maybe if my site becomes more popular I might enable it.
Why did you disable it? It's literally setup and forget.
Just felt like I didn't need it at this point in time and I didn't even know if it was setup correctly.
There is no reason to not have it set up. It doesn't slow down your forum, and it catches a lot of known spammers and blocks them.
(2011-12-20, 11:53 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Just felt like I didn't need it at this point in time and I didn't even know if it was setup correctly.

If your site loads, it's set up correctly. Removing it at this point is like removing the window switches from your car because it's winter and they may not have been wired in correctly.
I re-installed it and everything seems to be going fine. I will leave it now.
Hi Shannon,

Thanks. Please let me know if you have any questions (sorry about the delay in responding).