MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to get visitors?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you feel is the best way to get people to your website? Pay for advertising on google? Word of month and just want for people?

Just curious what you guys think is best! Thanks
Unique content and SEO is the way to go.
First establish content then find a creative way to advertise.
What is Seo? And how much content?

Www.worldofsharkfishing.com
Content, I'd say 500 good threads is a good way to go, you can't attract visitors with an empty forum

and SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, in other words, everything that makes you rank higher on search engines... Use the "Google SEO" plugin for that is the best way to go...

Cheers Wink
Cool. But how do I get 500 threads if I can't get people lol
(2011-12-21, 11:13 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. But how do I get 500 threads if I can't get people lol

Goto forums >> Click new thread >> Make thread.

Project wonderful is a good way to advertise.
what settings do I want to use in Google SEO. I changed all 5 settings to yes from no (which no is default) Is that the right thing to do?

Also what is Project Wonderful and how does it work?
There's lots of ways to get visitors.

1. Improve SEO.
2. Advertise on other sites in website "showcase" areas (follow their rules though).
3. Affiliate with other website owners.
4. Write articles containing a link to your site and submit them to freelance writing sites and/or article directories.
5. Comment on blog posts related to your website with your website URL (don't spam however).
6. Host a contest with a prize to get people interested.
7. Share your website on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc (again don't spam).
Etc.

Everything I listed above works for me. There's more, but it really just depends how much work you want to do. The important is to never give up, and when something doesn't work, try the next idea.
ok cool. again what should the setting be on google seo and again what is project wonderful and how does it work?
Pages: 1 2