MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO Support. URL Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like my URL names to say www.worldofsharkfishing.com/basic-shark-gear

NOT www.worldofsharkfishing.com/thread1122333

Also I can do it using the SEO Plugin but BUT! It throws me errors when I click on the threads. Now the URL says what I want it to BUT it is an error page.

Advice?!
close your forum for awhile so that only admins can see forum ; activate Google SEO .
on the plugins page Google SEO plugin gives some useful information. what does it say ?
-- Add to .htaccess:

RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.worldofsharkfishing.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^topic-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

- URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
- Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.
- 404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
- Click to Apply changes to core files.

Now. I have added that part where it says to add to htaccess. That is in there. but why I click apply then go to my website and click announecements the URL is right but it says page error
check correct file name -> .htaccess (a dot before htaccess)
have you also uploaded pluginlibrary ? AND have you clicked on apply changes ?
If you have a rewrite rule for ^([^./]+)$ (because you removed the prefix at some point), remove the rule. Make sure you don't have conflicting rewrite rules in general. If it still doesn't work, post your .htaccess, something will be wrong with it...
where is that located? I have htaccess but don't see a .htaccess
and yes to plugin library and yes to apply changes

I also don't know what you mean with the rewrite stuff frost. Could you explain that a little different? I am pretty new.. sorry.
it is .htaccess which should have the URL rewrite rules ; located at forum's root directory .
first may be saved as htaccess.txt on your computer ; then upload to server & rename to .htaccess
AHAH I just had to rename it to .htaccess !! I redid everything and it works! Smile Thanks everyone! Do you want to rename threads to topics on the .htaccess though? It showed us how to do it in xstrikes tutorial. Is there any reason for it?
This made my site really slow.... Any thoughts on that?
NEVERMIND must have just had to get everything situated! lol works good now