MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spammer users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you do with spammer users? Do you delete them or ban them? Why?
Ban, so their information remains on the database, good for referencing if needed.
(2012-01-02, 02:14 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Ban, so their information remains on the database, good for referencing if needed.

This.
Not that I run any forum at the moment, but if I did I would ban them and eventually prune them every couple of months or so.
I ban so that they cannot register with that same username again, and so that I don't need to create a gigantic list of disallowed usernames.
Ban, I like to retain UID's.
Ban. It still adds a count in the stats heh.
(2012-01-02, 03:54 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Ban. It still adds a count in the stats heh.

Haha... that too.
DELETE. Every month I go through the member list and delete every member who has a zero post post count. Most administrators ban they just so the user can stay in the DB and contribute their count to the statistics. Banned spam accounts or junked threads only add a sad layer of allusion to the public statistics. I think it's pathetic to lower your DB to such a standard.
Ban, Prune when it's fit to. (per quarter).
Pages: 1 2