MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: showthread.php consumes much cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I've been using myBB for over a year but it is some months that I'm warned from the hosting that my forum is consuming much CPU in showthread.php
i see much bigger myBB forums that work without such problem.

site address: www.nowAroos.com
language: persian
myBB version: 1.6.0
Template: BlazeBB

plugins:
Ajax private message Created by Sebastian Wunderlich
Akismet (1.2.1)
Google Analytics (1.1)
Awards (2.0)
Board Messages (2.0.1)
Google SEO (1.1.13)
<imei> Hijri Shamsi (Jalali) Date! (1.2.2)
My Advertisements (1.8)
facebook in profile and postbit (2.2)
ProStats (1.7.5)
Thanks (3.9)
Undo Delete (1.2) Created by Sebastian Wunderlich

the log provided by the hosting:
-----------------------------------------
8.71268 http://www.nowaroos.com/Thread-مدل-لباس-...e=threaded domains/nowaroos.com/public_html/showthread.php
7.95879 http://www.nowaroos.com/Thread-مدل-لباس-...e=threaded domains/nowaroos.com/public_html/showthread.php
Number of Requests: 64 - Total Usage: 280.92619 - Avarage: 4.38947171875

please help me with the problem.
tx
The Thanks plugin and the Undo Delete plugin are the two I'd concentrate on, as they both run on showthread.

I highly recommend you upgrade to MyBB 1.6.5 to fix various security vulnerabilities. It also has performance improvements for showthread.php
if showthread has postbit advertisements then that could be also a cause for the high load ...

Edit : AND threaded mode may be removed by using set all users to the same thread view mode
nope. there is no postbit ads. in fact, the place is reserved in the template, but no ads in it yet.
^ if so its better to remove threaded mode ; before that, you may also prevent search engine crawling to threaded mode by using robots.txt
can you please explain what that means?
as given in earlier response, you can use set all users to the same thread view mode to remove threaded mode

you can add below line to robots.txt file
Disallow: /*mode=*

Google SEO plugin consists of a robots.txt file ; its better to use that file by modifying path for your forum
eg. that file has lines similar to Disallow: /MyBB/newreply.php you have to change to Disallow: /newreply.php
I disabled the undelete and facebook plugins. but the issue still remains.
does it really matter if I don't fix the thread view mode?
^ as your host is specifying threaded mode related link its better to remove it from accessing ...