MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The word filter isn't a real word filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug or it's meant to work this way, that's why I haven't decided to post it on the dev website...

Here is the problem...

If you add a new word filter "Duck" => "D*ck" (sorry kids for the word)
When someone posts that word it will change it to D*ck, fine, but if you quote their post, on the text editor you will read "Duck" again Big Grin

So whenever a word is filtered, quoting it will kinda un-filter the word...
That's annoying because I'm using the word filter to hide some links, especially of those who compete with me..

People quote their posts (or reply to their PMs) and they see the link again...

A bug? Huh Am I misunderstanding the word filter functionality? Huh
it should work still. the word filter is run prior to quotes being parsed out so the replacements should have happened on the whole of the message body before the quote formatting happens
Nice choice of example. :p

Quoting filtered posts works fine on my test board.

But if the thread title contains a filtered word it shows the unfiltered title. Undecided
I think you haven't got it, it shows on the TEXT EDITOR, the filter works on the quotes really well.

Do the following :
1. Add a word to the word filter
2. Send yourself a PM including that word
3. Try to reply to that PM, tadaaaaaaa, on the text editor of the reply, you see what should have been filtered :s
Yeah the word filter of MyBB is weak but if you think of how it is suppose to work it's difficult to change that. It's a LIVE censor.

When you quote you see the original word that's filtered. When you post then it's filtered. Always been that way. You just noticed?

(2012-02-08, 12:57 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the word filter of MyBB is weak but if you think of how it is suppose to work it's difficult to change that. It's a LIVE censor.

When you quote you see the original word that's filtered. When you post then it's filtered. Always been that way. You just noticed?

Well I thought that a word that has been added to the word filter, won't be shown anymore in any way. I was wrong about that :s
(2012-02-08, 12:53 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Do the following :
3. Try to reply to that PM, tadaaaaaaa, on the text editor of the reply, you see what should have been filtered :s

Okay, I see that.

When I quote in a thread it's still filtered in the editor though.
(2012-02-08, 01:18 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-08, 12:53 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Do the following :

Okay, I see that.

When I quote in a thread it's still filtered in the editor though.

on 1.6.2 (hey, its my test board) if I make a test post with a censored word for the subject and in the body both are filtered on display. when I quote the post, the message body quote is filtered but the subject is not.

also, the page title has the subject (using GoogleSEO) unfiltered
Also the word filters aren't added or effective in signatures, I would like to see it get added and effective on signatures (or an option to filter it in signatures as well) in future release.
(2012-02-08, 06:15 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Also the word filters aren't added or effective in signatures, I would like to see it get added and effective on signatures (or an option to filter it in signatures as well) in future release.

Make a ticket for it.
Pages: 1 2