MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site is really slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The whole site has been really slow lately, taking sometimes 8-10 seconds to load Sad what's the issue?

I've tried things like clearing my cache, my DNS cache, using a faster DNS provider, etc.
MY forums have both been slow too! I think it must be some mybb thing. This is weird.
(2012-02-19, 06:39 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]MY forums have both been slow too! I think it must be some mybb thing. This is weird.

Two separate issues. Nothing to do with MyBB itself.
(2012-02-19, 07:10 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-19, 06:39 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]MY forums have both been slow too! I think it must be some mybb thing. This is weird.

That makes sense to me but isn't it quite a coincidence that the same exact problem is happening on my forums and this one? Maybe I have too many windows open in my browser. Strange.
(2012-02-19, 07:21 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]

That makes sense to me but isn't it quite a coincidence that the same exact problem is happening on my forums and this one? Maybe I have too many windows open in my browser. Strange.

Unless you have a high traffic forum that's under constant DDOS attack, I doubt you have the same issue as us.
(2012-02-19, 07:30 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-19, 07:21 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]

Unless you have a high traffic forum that's under constant DDOS attack, I doubt you have the same issue as us.

It is a strange coincidence that is unrelated. I'm not disputing that now. Why does mybb have DDOS attack problems? We should hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
(2012-02-19, 07:40 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]Why does mybb have DDOS attack problems?

Some people don't like the way we run the community. If they want to waste their bandwidth, they can feel free. It's not going to do much long term damage.

(2012-02-19, 07:40 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]We should hunt down the perpetrators and bring them to justice.

It's easier said than done. Honestly Chris just needs to mitigate the attacks, but as he's busy with work there's nothing we can do.

(2012-02-19, 07:49 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-19, 07:40 AM)American Wrote: [ -> ]Why does mybb have DDOS attack problems?

Some people don't like the way we run the community. If they want to waste their bandwidth, they can feel free. It's not going to do much long term damage.

People launch DDOS attacks because of this? What could they possibly have a problem with? I seem to get banned from almost every forum I use (except for my own lol--although one of my mods did ban me once as a joke) but not from mybb's forum. So this is a pretty cool forum if you ask me.
Now, i have done DDoS a few times but now i don't as there are more ways to do it..

DDoSing is easy considering the damage it does to a host with no so great servers.

DDoS is just a program and a custom network of infected computers which all the attacker does is enter ip and press a button.. it's easy and have jumped attack speeds of 100mbit/s to around 15gbit/s and most servers are connected to the internet with 100mbit to 1gbit/s and it costs a ALOT to get protection which as you aware of Anonymous.. DDoS is actually not able to be prevented completely if the attacker has enough bots.

Best way to prevent a DDoS is to not draw too much attention for example.. modding sites advertising on other modding sites which does not go well.

If this forum is being attacked, it must be a low attack unless you have a huge traffic re-routing system.

This sites host is Softlayer Technologies i think and all i know is there do DDoS protection but you have to pay extra for higher protection? I am still wondering why you have mybb have nginx when other ddos protected sites have webservers like ddosdefend & awk filter.

Sorry if this is irrelevant but i saw DDoS and thought i was start my own little story Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3