MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Movies & Popcorn - Movie, TV, & Youtube discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site Name: Movies and Popcorn

Site URL: http://www.moviesandpopcorn.net/index.php

Description: Discuss and watch your favorite movies, tv shows, youtube videos and more with other movie lovers. The site sports a beautiful custom theme that I've spent the past few months working on. Now it's time to share my passion for movies and tv with you! When you visit moviesandpopcorn.net I hope you'll realize my passion for this topic is real and my devotion towards the development of this site is as well. Hope to see you there! Smile

Comments are closed on this thread to WebOutfit
- removed post - sigh -
(2012-02-20, 06:12 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me why on each and every website you've ever opened is a clone of some IP.Board theme? I've caught you six or so times now. Give proper credits to the designers of the images you're using and maybe someone will have a little bit of respect for what you do.

There were occasions in the past where I borrowed ideas/images from other designs when I first began web development, but those issues were all resolved with their respective designers. Since then I've given away all my old projects and started from scratch after taking a break for quite some time. As I said I've spent quite a bit of time developing this site and am very proud of it's uniqueness and I feel your comments aren't justified here. Let's let sleeping dogs lie and give a fair assessment of my site. Thanks! Smile
(2012-02-20, 06:37 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-20, 06:12 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me why on each and every website you've ever opened is a clone of some IP.Board theme? I've caught you six or so times now. Give proper credits to the designers of the images you're using and maybe someone will have a little bit of respect for what you do.

There were occasions in the past where I borrowed ideas/images from other designs when I first began web development, but those issues were all resolved with their respective designers. Since then I've given away all my old projects and started from scratch after taking a break for quite some time. As I said I've spent quite a bit of time developing this site and am very proud of it's uniqueness and I feel your comments aren't justified here. Let's let sleeping dogs lie and give a fair assessment of my site. Thanks! Smile

Borrowed, dude I'm laughing so hard I orange my pants.

Sleeping dogs don't lie, they get put down.

Nice forums though. Like the color changer.

HOWEVER!

The icons you picked seem to be random and extremely crap. The buttons are also a fail. Get rid of the drop shadow on login/register to match the rest of site. Once you get smaller icons, shrink the search box and menu and reduce the bottom highlight on the menu so it's a bit less bulky.

You could use the extra space to give the logo a rework and some breathing space right now it seems cramped.
(2012-02-20, 06:52 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]Nice forums though. Like the color changer.

HOWEVER!

The icons you picked seem to be random and extremely crap. The buttons are also a fail. Get rid of the drop shadow on login/register to match the rest of site. Once you get smaller icons, shrink the search box and menu and reduce the bottom highlight on the menu so it's a bit less bulky.

You could use the extra space to give the logo a rework and some breathing space right now it seems cramped.

Thank you for the comments.. Kind of disappointed you don't like the icons (I was very happy with them). Which buttons are you refering to? (postbit?).

Also, I would like to do some work on the logo at some point.
(2012-02-20, 06:58 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-20, 06:52 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]Nice forums though. Like the color changer.

HOWEVER!

Thank you for the comments.. Kind of disappointed you don't like the icons (I was very happy with them). Which buttons are you refering to? (postbit?).

Also, I would like to do some work on the logo at some point.

Pretty much all of them Toungue
Like your theme, which theme is it ???
(2012-02-22, 02:12 PM)Pro33 Wrote: [ -> ]Like your theme, which theme is it ???

It is a custom theme I made.
(2012-02-20, 06:52 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]The icons you picked seem to be random and extremely crap. The buttons are also a fail. Get rid of the drop shadow on login/register to match the rest of site. Once you get smaller icons, shrink the search box and menu and reduce the bottom highlight on the menu so it's a bit less bulky.

None of them looks bad to me. And lol, what's wrong with buttons? Toungue

Good work Civil engineer. One of the best themes for MyBB.
(2012-02-23, 08:28 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-20, 06:52 PM)mysql_error() Wrote: [ -> ]The icons you picked seem to be random and extremely crap. The buttons are also a fail. Get rid of the drop shadow on login/register to match the rest of site. Once you get smaller icons, shrink the search box and menu and reduce the bottom highlight on the menu so it's a bit less bulky.

None of them looks bad to me. And lol, what's wrong with buttons? Toungue

Good work Civil engineer. One of the best themes for MyBB.

I have an eye, it works.

Pages: 1 2