MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing user info to the right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings! I'm new on MyBB and I'd like to know if it's possible to set user info at the right of the post, like this:

[Image: mc4zvc.png]

Thanks!
You can.

First go to ACP -> configuration tab -> Settings -> Show Thread Options and check Display posts using the classic layout then save it.

Then go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> <your theme template set> -> post bit templates -> postbit_classic and replace all content inside with

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>

<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>

</tr>
<tr>

<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>

</tr>
		</table>
	</td>

<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>

</tr>
</table>

After that expand Showthread templates and find showthread_classic_header and replace all content inside with

<tr>

<td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->message}</strong></span></td>
			<td class="tcat" width="15%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->author}</strong></span></td>
		</tr>

I've tried that but it just places above the message, like the horizontal view.
You need to change layout in userCP to classic postbit (UserCP ->Edit Options -> and thick Display posts in classic mode.).
Any plugins available for this ?
It's just a simple template edit and for forcing users to view postbit classic you can use this plugin http://mods.mybb.com/view/force-postbit-layout .
Thanks! Worked fine for me. Solved.
I had followed your instructions but it is facing right not left.

Oh i see that he wanted it facing right , how can i get this facing left?
(2012-05-14, 08:41 AM)UnruffledST Wrote: [ -> ]I had followed your instructions but it is facing right not left.

Oh i see that he wanted it facing right , how can i get this facing left?

lol just dont do any of the above except
You need to change layout in userCP to classic postbit (UserCP ->Edit Options -> and thick Display posts in classic mode.).
I know this is old, but i was searching for the same thing as the other guy - user profile to the left instead of right.

Here's the code, based on Johnny S's post:
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
    <tr>

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
        <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
        <span class="smalltext">
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
            {$post['userstars']}
            {$post['groupimage']}
            {$post['useravatar']}<br />
            {$post['user_details']}
        </span>
    </td>

<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
            <br />
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
            {$post['attachments']}
            {$post['signature']}
            <div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
                {$post['iplogged']}
            </div>
        </td></tr>
    </table>
</td>

</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
    <td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
            <tr valign="bottom">
                <td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
                <td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>

</tr>
        </table>
    </td>

</tr>
</table>