MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CloudFlare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question use it or not:need more explain from mybb team.Thanks!!
http://www.cloudflare.com/
CloudFlare is a system that acts as a proxy between your visitors and our server. By acting as a proxy, CloudFlare caches static content for your site, which lowers the number of requests to our servers, but still allows visitors to access your site.
Cloudflare can be extremely useful in some cases. What I advise is that you try it and see if it helps page load speed or not. If it doesn't, you can simply stop using it.
Well what is your use of it? The whole thing has many functions.
i have this option in my cpanel just want to know it is useful for mybb

[Image: ScreenShot095.png]
Do some research into cloudfare, or wait for Damon to appear in this thread. It has a lot of functions, but depending on how active or attacked your site it may not do that much.
(2012-03-28, 03:47 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Do some research into cloudfare, or wait for Damon to appear in this thread. It has a lot of functions, but depending on how active or attacked your site it may not do that much.

I hate being predictableSmile

Hi Lexy,

More than happy to answer any questions.

(2012-03-28, 07:48 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 03:47 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Do some research into cloudfare, or wait for Damon to appear in this thread. It has a lot of functions, but depending on how active or attacked your site it may not do that much.

I hate being predictableSmile

1. Thread Posted about cloudflare
2. Damon Posts in thread
3. Release and Repeat...

You see Toungue
Basically how it works and can be integrated into MyBB
From what I understand, what it does is it copies a bunch of the stuff (like images, CSS, and Javascript) from your site to a bunch of other servers around the world. Then, whenever someone access your site, instead of hitting your server for things that haven't changed, they get them from the closest CloudFlare server, meaning 2 things: Faster download because of less distance traveled, and less bandwidth used on your server because it only gets what has changed.

I use CloudFlare on RTFW.org, and have reduced my load time to around 4 or 5 seconds on first connect, despite being on a rather so-so shared host. Connections afterword are much faster since most of the heaviest images used are already on the user's computer.

Another nice thing aboud CloudFlare is that it automatically blocks most known spammers, making less work for you to clean up your board, and a couple of security issues like DDOS attacks. Legitimate users can still get through via a CAPTCHA.
(2012-03-28, 08:29 PM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]Basically how it works and can be integrated into MyBB

Firestryke31 did a pretty decent job explaining the basics (we're a CDN with a security layer as well).

Probably the big thing would be making sure you have a MYBB CloudFlare option configured for restoring visitor IP. Other than that, activating CloudFlare is really as simply as pointing nameservers to us when signing up directly, or you have the option of pointing to us via one of CloudFlare's hosting partners.