MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: editing site discription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi how do i edit the site discription ?
AdminCP > Configurations > General Configuration > and edit the things you want to change.
the site discription isnt on there im sure i remember seeing it when i was setting it up
Could you explain a bit more as to what exactly you mean "site description" ?? All I know is a forum's/sub forum's description.
MyBB has no site description setting at all. Wordpress does. If you wish to add a meta description as mentioned above, you can edit the index template and add the following:

<meta name="description" content="My Forum's Description" />
(2012-04-10, 12:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB has no site description setting at all. Wordpress does. If you wish to add a meta description as mentioned above, you can edit the index template and add the following:

<meta type="description" content="My Forum's Description" />
thanks m8 do i just add that and type my forum Description where it says My Forum's Description above ?
Yeah, add it before the </head> tag in the index page.
cheers cuz on my last site when you typed the site address in a post on facebook it came up with the link and the site Description will doin that make it do the same /

and the site banner came up but now it just comes up like this
VAUXHALL MODIFIED
http://vauxhallmodified.co.uk/
You need to remove the "&nbsp;" strings from the index template. That's caused by a bug in codepress.
Pages: 1 2