MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A WoW Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone here join a WoW forum running on MyBB? I am considering starting up one :3 or maybe an overall MMORPG forum.
I don't play WoW, so I don't know if it would be a great move. An overall MMORPG forum would be nice, but there are already many. But if you make a nice theme, some competitions, a clan system and advertise it well... Maybe you will be successful with it. Who knows. Smile
Yeah, you would need to have something very unique if you were to start an overall MMORPG forum.

If it ended up looking nice, I'd be sure to join. Smile
Doesn't Blizzard have their own official WoW forum on top of all the existing ones out there?
It's way too late to get into the WoW niche, there would be nothing you could offer that existing ones already do.

Unless, yours is focused on your very own private server. Which could draw in users, and the attention of Blizzard's legal department.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem like a good niche to go with.
It's a developed market. No real point.
Has no point.
Sites like MMO-C simply got there first and have since that time dominated the WoW forum thing.
Also the blizzard forums (while a lot of trolling/spam etc) is a quite well constructed one, and has gotten better since the update to the eu/us.battle.net/wow/en stuff.
It simply is becomming less and less useful to create a WoW forum outside guild related stuf.
If you really want to get into something early.
Either go for a complete MMO's forum, or maybe for new MMO's (TERA,GW2, Titan, firefall) etc. that as far as i know doesnt really have one fixed forum yet.
Yup! The official WoW forum looks great and links your forum account avatar/picture with your in-game character (which also links to your profile with all the items you have on, level, etc)..

Here's the link to it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/
Can't really compete with that TBH Undecided
(2012-04-14, 01:31 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't Blizzard have their own official WoW forum on top of all the existing ones out there?
It's way too late to get into the WoW niche, there would be nothing you could offer that existing ones already do.

Unless, yours is focused on your very own private server. Which could draw in users, and the attention of Blizzard's legal department.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem like a good niche to go with.