MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

MyBB version 1.4

I moved my web site to a new host provider. I had to change the name of the MyBB database. Obviously, now when I go to the web page for my BB I get an error because the database cannot be found.

In which config file do I change the name of the database?

Thanks,
Terry
/inc/config.php
Perfect! I have just fixed it. Thank you!

Hey - Is it worth upgrading to version 1.6?
(2012-04-15, 12:50 AM)tbrothers Wrote: [ -> ]Hey - Is it worth upgrading to version 1.6?

Most certainly. We don't even support 1.4 anymore. 1.6 has hundreds of new features, hundreds of bug fixes, numerous security fixes, and with 1.8 to be released in the up coming months I highly recomend you upgrade.
(2012-04-15, 12:50 AM)tbrothers Wrote: [ -> ]Hey - Is it worth upgrading to version 1.6?

Considering 1.6 has been out for over a year and a half, we haven't released a 1.4 update for pretty much a year and we haven't supported 1.4 since July 2011, then yes, you should look into upgrading ASAP. make sure to check the compatibility of your plugins and themes and see which plugins will need updates (most likely available by now). The version checker in your Admin CP should have been saying you're out of date for a year and a half now.
Yeah - I set this up that long ago for my church. It's part of a book library for our members. We haven't had the physical space in our church for all the books so this sat on hold. Now they have some space so I'm resurrecting it.

I did the the upgrade and am able to login to the admin page ... but that's it. Any link I click on prompts me to login again but it won't accept my credentials. The forum works ... just not the admin console ... except the main admin page.

Any ideas?

I can delete everything and perform a fresh install if necessary since it has never been used. But then I loose the work I already did.

http://www.vccbooklib.com/forums/index.php

Thanks,
Terry
Again ... Perfect! That worked. Thank you