MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcase Moderation Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was just thinking of an idea for the showcase forum. It would be nice is the thread creator in the showcase section had the ability to moderate their own thread. Give them the ability to close the thread, delete posts, basically have almost total control of their showcase thread.

If the receive negative comment, let them delete them if they wish. If they decide they want to create a thread and close it when its created, give them that ability.

What you think ?
It's to easy to get a free bump and makes it so they can remove anything that doesn't make their board sound good.

I don't see it working personally.
...and then users complain the OP has removed their feedback, blah blah blah. It's not worth it.

Users can add Comments are closed on this thread to the bottom of their message. Any replies made to that thread will be deleted by staff.

If they don't want feedback, they should either steer clear of the Showcase or do the above.
People can request if they want feedback or not anyway when they create the thread. What's the difference in a staff member removing the posts ? It's the same difference. If a user starts a thread and state that they don't want feedback, they then have the right to remove any negative posts.

@Alex
It's a showcase forum, is not created for feedback or criticism.
(2012-05-27, 04:49 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]People can request if they want feedback or not anyway when they create the thread. What's the difference in a staff member removing the posts ? It's the same difference. If a user starts a thread and state that they don't want feedback, they then have the right to remove any negative posts.

Because no comments means no comments, not only the comments I want to read.

(2012-05-27, 04:49 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]@Alex
It's a showcase forum, is not created for feedback or criticism.

If that was the case we wouldn't allow replies at all.
This idea would make posting feedback irrelevant. I can already name a lot of members who can't take constructive negative feedback.
You're already allowed to say in the OP whether or not you want comments/criticism. Most of the people who complain about their feedback have neglected to do this.
Also not to mention, for it to happen, there would be need to be extra plugin or so developed for it. Not worth the efforts, I firmly believe though.
Maybe a rating system for thread's posts in that, so users can -rep any irrelevant comment.

But since MyBB Team doesn't want to add any unnecessary plugin into this forum, I don't see it happening.
What about disabling thread rating in that forum?

Seems like a bit of an abused system there so.
Pages: 1 2