MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyFacebook Connect, the missing free bridge between Facebook and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Looks good so far! Just a question on registering through the plugin: does the password get hashed automatically by the datahandler or do you need to add that in manually and just haven't gotten to it yet?
Since we cannot fetch the password from Facebook, the password set for new registrations is randomly generated through the registration process (which is automatic). I've thought about sending a PM to the user letting him know what the password is upon registration, although there's probably no point on noticing him because he will login again with Facebook next time (and the login process doesn't require password, only authentication from Facebook).
(2013-03-31, 08:12 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Since we cannot fetch the password from Facebook, the password set for new registrations is randomly generated through the registration process (which is automatic). I've think about sending a PM to the user letting him know what the password is upon registration, although there's probably no point on noticing him because he will login again with Facebook next time (and the login process doesn't require password, only authentication from Facebook).

I'd recommend PMing the user just in case, doesn't mean they'll log in with FB every time honestly. Thanks for the info though.
A forum without such characteristics (socialization) is to stay in the past. In abandonwares life.

See Goolge+ and Twitter too...plz

I try to regsiter and....

The username is already taken by another user. In the current version of the plugin we can't let you choose a new username from scratch, we are sorry. Try to register or login normally.
Confused
From first view, I was able to login, and post a shout to the shoutbox.
Everything seems to be running smoothly, I'll do more tests and see what bugs I may/may not find.

Good job!
(2013-04-01, 04:04 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]A forum without such characteristics (socialization) is to stay in the past. In abandonwares life.

The username is already taken by another user. In the current version of the plugin we can't let you choose a new username from scratch, we are sorry. Try to register or login normally.
Confused

What's your Facebook username? It's strange that you've got the same first + last name combination of an existing user in such a small test board.
roughly when your plugin will be released ? Big Grin
I'll wait for the end result.
and no "bugs" in your plugin Wink
(2013-04-01, 09:23 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-01, 04:04 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]A forum without such characteristics (socialization) is to stay in the past. In abandonwares life.

Confused

What's your Facebook username? It's strange that you've got the same first + last name combination of an existing user in such a small test board.

https://pt-br.facebook.com/comunidadebattlefield4brasil
That's why I want the highest number of users to test it on my test board intensively Smile

(2013-04-01, 09:31 AM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-01, 09:23 AM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]

Confused

https://pt-br.facebook.com/comunidadebattlefield4brasil

Darn. Seems I forgot to add Facebook pages login support: I'll do my best to bring compatibility with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10