MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there some kind of cache on tasks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is some kind of cache on tasks.
I am working with one now and these are the most frustrating parts of mybb development let me tell ya!

Anyway I put some debugging and logging in the task in order to see if I could find out where things were getting to.

This works to a degree, and then if the script fails or I exit() out of it, the application seems to ignore the task every time I try to manually run it. Then after about 5 minutes it will run again.

Very odd and just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

note: I was using eaccelerator but have turned this off.

Dan
cache manager has tasks listed !
When a task is run, a TIME_NOW+300 dateline is put into the "locked" column aside the task itself. This column is being checked every time a task is run: if not empty, the task won't be executed.

To debug your code, everytime you want to execute the task you must edit the cell corresponding to YOUR TASK x "LOCKED" column, setting it to 0, either it will not be executed (despite the success message being shown) until the column will be set back to 0 by the system (this is usually done within 5 minutes, as 300s = 5 minutes).
perfect, corresponds exactly to what I was seeing but couldn't pinpoint the action.

Fixed the task already the slow way but this will help going forward.

cheers
Dan

(2013-07-29, 08:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]cache manager has tasks listed !

Yeah the cache when you view it is however just a cache of the tasks and not their other details, which is why I was trying to figure out what Shade had shown.

All sorted now, but going forward for troubleshooting purposes I can have my task tggle that column to allow the task to run again straight away after break points