MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin to edit all posts in a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there anyway to edit all posts in a thread ? Then user can create a newthread after a specificed post ?
Didn't understood well enough.
What edits do you want to perform to all posts in a thread ?
For example an user has 300 posts in his thread.

Now, for some reason he missed one post in 300 post (because his posts is a story, missed one post meaning missed one chapter). So he will need a function allow him create new post after a specificed post.

So on...
Now I think, I have understood your question!!!

Its like this right:

User 'A' created a thread and its having 300 posts. (Say some tutorials stuff, as you have given an example).
Now 'A' forgot to post a chapter which comes at some 'x' place (say after 100th post) and now you want to insert that new chapter at 'x' place.

Is that your question?
pid is unique and auto incremental. Its the most case you will not get a gap unless you delete any post.
(2013-08-12, 05:41 PM)ksr Wrote: [ -> ]Now I think, I have understood your question!!!

Its like this right:

User 'A' created a thread and its having 300 posts. (Say some tutorials stuff, as you have given an example).
Now 'A' forgot to post a chapter which comes at some 'x' place (say after 100th post) and now you want to insert that new chapter at 'x' place.

Is that your question?

Yes. It is!
posts are ordered by timestamp, so usually you can squeeze a post in if you change its timestamp. no need to edit everything.
(2013-08-13, 06:03 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]posts are ordered by timestamp, so usually you can squeeze a post in if you change its timestamp. no need to edit everything.

It will be ordered by dateline or lastpost, frostschutz? You're genius, anyway!!!