MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guidance for adding buttons via plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a plugin idea that will allow the administrator(s) of the board to Accept or Deny a proposal.

My question is, how would I go about adding two buttons to the bottom of the first post in a thread in the area where the Edit/Reply/Report/Warn buttons are? One button would perform the logic I have associated with Accepting and another with Denying. Would this need template changes and if so can the plugin be written in such a way that it'd work on any template?

I'm looking for either guidance on how to accomplish this, or a pointer to a plugin (or plugins) that do this, so that I can see how others have done it.

I appreciate your help and guidance.
It doesn't need template changes - you can concantenate your button to another one. But I'm not a fan of plugins that do it like that. It won't change the fact that some themes may not have the button variable after which you want your button anyways so it won't matter if you concantenate or insert into templates.

Example plugin - Thank/You Like system, it adds $post['button_tyl'].