MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Debug step by step of plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
there is a way to debug step by step the code a plugin?

Thanks
Take a look at Xdebug, it is a full debugger/profiler/trace for PHP. Integrates with lots of external tools.

http://xdebug.org/
Thank you.

also runs on OS X?
Yeah, it should run on OSX fine.
I can use it for script debugging for plugins MyBB?

Thanks
Believe it or not, I was just messing with xDebug and various IDEs today.

In NetBeans a project created for a single folder works out well, but when the project represents an app that plugs into a large system, the debugger doesn't seem to kick in. (stuck waiting on response from xdebug in NetBeans).

In Eclipse, you have to get the PDK addon package and then it works pretty good. But I still had problems with making a project that just contained my plugin code that would debug correctly. Breakpoints didn't seem to work at all until I actually made a project with an entire MyBB installation + my test plugin. Then it worked fine in both Eclipse and NetBeans.
XDebug and PHPStorm are pretty damn nicely integrated. phpdbg looks like it'll be a nice alternative though (and slightly more feature rich).
I installed PhpStorm and xdebug enabled, now how can I debug step by step away from a plugin?

Thanks