MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ability to search inside a thread/topic.

People keep saying this has it (but they say all forum software have it, spam to increase post count?), but I can only find it in vBulletin.

SMF has a mod for it, atleast it says it does (haven't tried it), But SMF has this bulky, chunky feeling that I don't like, I like something cleaner.

phpBB doesn't even have a mod for it (No, the one phpbbhacks isn't "Search Topic" it's "Highlight/find a word on a page with breaking the page mod which you can already do in your browser without messing everything up and having to edit stuff").
We don't have this feature here not sure who's been saying it does.
This feature will be included in MyBB 1.4

Chris
Oh excellent. So may times I am in a 10 page thread that I just want to search but can't. Glad to see this feature being added.
10 page is nothing. Once I was stock in a 150 page thread. Obviously I gave up
A thread in my forum "First Thing That Comes Into Your Headness" is 133 pages long (It's been going since over a year ago) and I would love to search it...
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it may come useful in the future an inside thread searching system, a thing i saw just a very few software forums support.
To tell the truth I don't need it now, my community isn't very big, but it would be a professional feature for mybb for larger communities with big threads, that many forum software don't have. Smile
Really appreciated, many thanks Smile
Merged together to make one, for lesser confusion and keeping the forum cleaner.
Pages: 1 2