MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyProfile - comments, last visits, friends, collecting ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi all,

I always thought that we needed a strong plugin that enhances the look and the abilities of the default user profiles, so I started working on one Big Grin (simultaneously to the API system).

With a powerful comment system, replacing the old one made by our dear Aquilez Big Grin , the plugin will look if there's MyAlerts installed, so it will send you alerts on each comment added to your profile.

And last visits, which would display the last users who visited the profile.

[Image: 708133Capturemyprofile.png]

I hope I'd be able to release a second version shortly after the first one, with more features on it.

Any useful ideas I could include in the plugin Big Grin ?

The development might take some time as it's not an easy plugin, so please don't put your hopes up too high on this.

P.S. : sorry to burst anyone's bubbles, but this will only support 1.8, and of course it will be free and open source as always  Big Grin
On comments you can add ability to delete comments, and suggest for deletion for every user to make a clean up of db.

Many other things like a most beauty profile i made one plugin like that you mentioned but i delete all content and anyway works on MyBB 1.6.x series, good luck with your project sound fine.
(2014-09-04, 08:47 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]On comments you can add ability to delete comments, and suggest for deletion for every user to make a clean up of db.

Hey, thank you for the reply, do you mean the ability for mods and admins to delete comments? Like a checkbox next to each comment with a "Check All Comments" checkbox and a "Dump All Comments" for a user? That's a great idea Big Grin
Yes only admins, at a day i have on Profile Comments this, and MyAlerts but i send you a user who want this and she can speak more.

This in your account appear on profile comments tab, like your alerts config.

Since here users can send a petition to mods or admins to delete all coments on any account.
You receive an alert or something to review this and the function like delete i add delete all if you want i send you my profile comments file and you can review this.

Anyway you can add some states as i'm working on new plugin for 1.8 series on your profile and this appear on your postbit messages like postcount or reputation.

In this way you can give more things and maybe can show on index the latest 10 upgrade states by users, tha's only an idea of many petitions i have for work on some plugins but actually only work on some because have no time for me and take a drink in peace Big Grin
Haha, gotcha, I could add like "Report" on comments, when reported you receive an alert to see that + the status was one of my ideas actually, I could make the "comment" one "status", that would allow users to publish they statuses, kinda like you can do on IPB.

Thanks buddy, great idea tbh! Big Grin
Nice.
Hi , I have a great idea for profile comments.

but this is a single plugin? i just need to profile comments!

my isea for this is:

Add this ability:  in mod cp add a new menu. and this menu is: "Comments manager"  and this menu's submenu or Subgroup is:
1. Send comment to a group of users.
2. Delete all of a user's comments.
3. delete comments in forum from specific time!
4. Request for delete comments.
5. Total of comments in forum

This menu like this image:
Like this

And what this opts ??

1. Send a comments to all users:
Send a comments to all users and filter by: user's online in 48 hours ago
user's posts more than 1
Both
Like this image:
Send comments

2. Delete all of a user comments:
this ability is a box and enter user id and after click to Run, all of user's comments is Deleted.

3. Delete comments from Specific time:
This is very good. is a box and we select all comments before 3 months ago or 1 year or 6 months was delete (this important before this time). and after click to Run, comments before this time was deleted.

4. Request for delete all comments:
And this is so good. member in his profile and in profile comments thead add a new lang for this : (Request For delete all comments) and after user click on this note, one show a "are you sure for delete all your comments? your comment not back) and two show a alert to moderator and admin to delete this user comments and after moderator click on this bar, go to option 4 in mod cp and user id is write and click to run for delete users comments.

I show this in this image:
Like this image

5.And the end, Show number of comments in forum.
After click on this option, got to page and show number of comments in database. Like Forum Statics in Tools in admin Cp.

What do you think about my idea? is this possible?

Thanks a lot for read. Blush
Yes it's actually a single plugin, but you can easily activate deactivate whatever part you want, for example, you could activate the MyProfile Comments only, or the last vists only, the thing is, if you need it all, you can get it all in the same plugin, so no need to separate things Big Grin

And about your suggestions, I actually planned on including 2 and 5, the other ones are great and I will see what I can do about those Big Grin
Thanks this is very useful option if i can choose to use , Thanks a lot for work on this, i very need to this. thanks Wink
Just to warn you, alert integration will be changing slightly for 1.8 Wink I'll be sending documenting it properly soon, but basically it should become a whole lot easier/cleaner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6