MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I require some assistance creating modules.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically, I'm 100% new to MyBB. I have no experience of creating MyBB plugins however I do have experience with PHP, MySQL etc... I'm currently creating a universal permission system which can be accessed and understood by any application. It works great but now I want to implement it in such a way that it's group system is based off of MyBB's user groups.

The trouble here is being a developer with no experience of MyBB and my lack of understanding about how I would go about implementing my code into a viable module/plugin which can be used within the AdminCP.

Basically here is how my permission system works:
The groups permissions are stored in permission nodes, they look something like this:
myapplication.myfunction.access
They are related to the group through it's ID. The system also has a form of inheritance, but I won't go into that right now...
So basically what I can do in my applications is query the database and get the current user's group. I will then use that group and see if it has access to "myapplication.myfunction.access", if it does then it means that the user has permission to move further in the application.

The reason for this system is so that I can get a logged in user on my game server, get his group and check if he has a specific permission node. Now I believe this isn't currently possible with the default MyBB permission system, so any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
The easiest way is to use $mybb->usergroup['permissionname']. This checks both the primary usergroup and any additional usergroups the member is in. If you need to know information about the user, and not permissions, you can use $mybb->user['fieldname'].