MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After reading this thread I got very exited about writting an powerful feedback system for MyBB. It sounds interesting and usable for my RPG community.

I also though of some ways to make this quite unique. This is what I have so far.

Users can read feedback stats directly from the profile, and add directly from there, AJAX refreshing for those that love the thing!

Users can view feedback stats also from posts.

Images
http://imgur.com/a/3wKjT

Known Issues
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Feedback/issues

https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Feedback

Please avoid asking when this is going to be ready because I have just stared this today. And that sexy AJAX feature took me most of the time -.-

However I'm very excited about this so be confident I will try to finish most of it ASAP. I'm using new ideas I have only though about while coding OUGC Custom Reputation. My self favorite plugin so far.
From the first look of things, it looks promising already. Will install it tonight on my board to see if it works for me as well.

Keep you posted!
Would be nice if it only was for 1.6

but whatever. it looks promising Smile
Initial testing has been made; some findings.
Basic functionality runs fine/great!!  Heart

- on the plugin install instructions, you mention the need for PluginLibrary as a requirement. However, this plugin is not compatible with 1.8+. So I don't see why one would need that?

- in the comment field, I cannot put anything besides an URL. Maybe rename the field to deal-thread url or add an additional field for a real comment? If you want to verify the thread url, you might want to check if, for the thread, the thread starter is indeed that person you want to give feedback to.

- Postbit stats are duplicated by the amount of user posts in the page. --> I don't see this behavior on my install, could you elaborate on that? How can I check this?

- the link in the pm where you say 'you may view it [the feedback] here' is not working.

When thinking about the settings, maybe think about the layout in the postbit, as now you are adding 4 lines per each post.

Total Feedback: 3 (View All)
Positive Feedback: 2 (66% - 1 users)
Neutral Feedback: 0 (0% - 0 users)
Negative Feedback: 1 (33% - 1 users)

Perhaps something along those lines?
Total Feedback: 3 (+2;0;-1 - View All)

Happy to test further if needed Smile  I'm sure this one will make it to my forum!
Quote:this plugin is not compatible with 1.8+

It is compatible, it just tells otherwise. You don't need to activate/install PluginLibrary  so it is not a big issue. Most of my plugins require, that is not an issue.

Quote:in the comment field, I cannot put anything besides an URL.

Weird, it works for me. It is a comment field, this plugin doesn't have a "thread/post" field for users to manually fill. The plugin only accepts feedback from posts if you add it directly from the post itself.

Quote:you might want to check if, for the thread, the thread starter is indeed that person you want to give feedback to.

Permissions need to be worked on, yes.

Quote:How can I check this?

If USER_X has two posts in the current page, the stats will be multiplied by 2 (stats*nPosts), you can compare them to the ones in profile and you will find the issue. If you only have 1 post in the page it wouldn be visible.

Quote:the link in the pm where you say 'you may view it [the feedback] here' is not working.

Sorry but I don't understand.

Quote:Perhaps something along those lines?

I thought about this but you can easily edit the template at the moment (not saying you should use it as it is now).

Thanks and looking forward to you finding bugs Toungue
Quote:It is compatible, it just tells otherwise. You don't need to activate/install PluginLibrary  so it is not a big issue. Most of my plugins require, that is not an issue.

You're right. I didn't notice it before, but indeed, it works with 1.8.

Quote:Weird, it works for me. It is a comment field, this plugin doesn't have a "thread/post" field for users to manually fill. The plugin only accepts feedback from posts if you add it directly from the post itself.

This is how I tried it. In a thread, click on the 'add feedback' button for the user. I get following screen.

[Image: bqxFmxi.png]

When I press 'Add feedback', I get folllowing screen.

[Image: CiEvQsI.png]

Quote:If USER_X has two posts in the current page, the stats will be multiplied by 2 (stats*nPosts), you can compare them to the ones in profile and you will find the issue. If you only have 1 post in the page it wouldn be visible.
Yep, indeed. Didn't notice it before as USER_X only had one post (but two posts from different users were in the thread)

Quote:the link in the pm where you say 'you may view it [the feedback] here' is not working.

When I receive feedback from a user, I get a PM notifying me of this (see screenshot). Under 'here' is a hyperlink, but it points to a blank page (tradefeedback.php?action=view&uid=1&fid=2)
[Image: bBWqQde.png]

Quote:I thought about this but you can easily edit the template at the moment (not saying you should use it as it is now).

Indeed, already reworked it a bit, but will used it as it is!

If anything, please contact me  Smile
Quote:When I receive feedback from a user, I get a PM notifying me of this

That is weird because I haven't added the notification feature (actually I will postpone that to a future version as I need to work on other stuff).
Quote:When I press 'Add feedback', I get folllowing screen.

Please make sure the "Minimum / Maximum Comment Length" settings are set properly.

I have updated the code over at GitHub now adding the send pm feature.
(2015-02-27, 04:55 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When I receive feedback from a user, I get a PM notifying me of this

That is weird because I haven't added the notification feature (actually I will postpone that to a future version as I need to work on other stuff).

Strange indeed. Perhaps it was a leftover of another feedback plugin that I used before. Will try your new code from github this weekend, and delete the files from the old plugin (now I only deactived it)

Does the new source code also implement a fix for the duplicate reputation counting, as this is the core of the feedback plugin?

(2015-02-27, 07:41 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:When I press 'Add feedback', I get folllowing screen.

Please make sure the "Minimum / Maximum Comment Length" settings are set properly.

I have updated the code over at GitHub now adding the send pm feature.

Correct, this is fully working now!

One thing I found also while testing is that an admin cannot give multiple feedback to a user (the multiple feedback setting is switched to TRUE in ACP)

Vice versa; the user can submit multiple feedback to an admin.
Quote:Does the new source code also implement a fix for the duplicate reputation counting

No, it doesn't.

I have pushed a new commit fixing some issues and improving the postbit template a little bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5