MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remember us? for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have forked and updated Aries-Belgium's Remember us? plugin to work in 1.8 and fixed some minor issues I/others did find.

GitHub repository:
https://github.com/Sama34/AriesBelgium--Remember-Us-/

I did test the creation of reminders but didn't test the sending of such reminders. I fyou are interested in this plugin please debug the issues you find and file proper bug reports so that I can fix them when I have the time.
https://github.com/Sama34/AriesBelgium--...Us-/issues

The more detailed the reports are the faster I will probably fix them.
thanks, Omar.

I'll continue to help you test & debug this plugin!
If somebody wants to help out with the JavaScript on which I suck in, that would be helpful.
https://github.com/Sama34/AriesBelgium--...rus.js#L21

what is the correct way to set up the values so it'll send out a message on the same day a user registered? I'm trying to use this plugin to do a few different things rather than installing a 2nd plugin that does welcome PMs/emails and then use this as a 'remember us' type of thing.

I will admit, this plugin would be easier to use if the values were predefined like they are in 'field'.

this is my current value set up:
[Image: oOmUTVO.jpg]

don't mind the layout, I use a very old monitor at work that struggles to go above 1024X768..

I figured it out by changing the Test value to Lower Than / Before
I see you figured it out, but I want to say that I honestly haven't used it for years but I recall it was possible.
(2015-05-02, 09:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I see you figured it out, but I want to say that I honestly haven't used it for years but I recall it was possible.

yeah, it can be confusing.  I'd suggest, if you have time, making it more user friendly.

also, having the ability to send a PM rather than an email for a reminder we set up would be an awesome option!
I don't think there is much to do about its "friendly" behavior, after all it is meant to be an advanced reminders system that can also be used by third-party plugins (i.e: Send an e-mail after receiving x amount of points, for newpoints, etc).

(2015-05-02, 10:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]also, having the ability to send a PM rather than an email for a reminder we set up would be an awesome option!

Feel free to open an issue. Sounds a nice addition.
(2015-05-04, 04:57 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is much to do about its "friendly" behavior, after all it is meant to be an advanced reminders system that can also be used by third-party plugins (i.e: Send an e-mail after receiving x amount of points, for newpoints, etc).

(2015-05-02, 10:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]also, having the ability to send a PM rather than an email for a reminder we set up would be an awesome option!

Feel free to open an issue. Sounds a nice addition.

it might not hurt to include some usage examples for users so they don't feel overwhelmed with the advanced configuration options.  just a thought!

I'll open an issue in the morning regarding PMs.  thanks!
Hi Omar!

Thanks for porting this wonderful plugin to MyBB 1.8. I've observed that you have an issue on removing the log conditions added with jQuery. Let me show you a quick fix:
$(document).ready(function() {
	$('.rememberus_btn_add').click(function() {
		if ($(this).hasClass('rememberus_btn_add')) {
			var addRow = $(this).parent().parent();
			var tableContainer = addRow.parent();

var cloneRow = $(addRow).clone(true);
 			cloneRow.find('.rememberus_btn_add').each(function() {
				$(this).removeClass('rememberus_btn_add').addClass('rememberus_btn_delete');
			});

$('.form_container tbody tr.first').removeClass('first');

cloneRow.fadeIn('slow').appendTo(tableContainer);
            	} else {
                	var removeRow = $(this).parent().parent();
                	removeRow.fadeOut('slow', function() {
                    		$(this).remove();
                	});
            	}
            	return false;
        });
});

As an important notice, when you use clone(true) in jQuery, all event handlers are copied as it is, and you cannot point the element to another handler.  Big Grin

As you can see, I've also added some effects. Toungue

Happy usability.
Wouldn't that stop the delete button from working? I need to set up a a local to test, I'm way too lost at this all.
Pages: 1 2