MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Merged Admin loses access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad

Merged Admin loses access to most Admin Functions.

I merged Admin to lopalong. All permissions were set for lopalong prior to the merge.

Now Lopalong can't access most functions such as Database options, Download panel access etc...

I've removed all forms, cache, cookies and viewed Admingroup in the database.. That appears to be the same as the older db backup.

At the moment, I don't have a full Admin.. Sad

?? I need this fixed rather quickly if possible.
edit him in the acp make sure his user group is admin.
I found the problem. Smile

One must upgrade the "New Admin" and set their permissions in Admin Permissions BEFORE merging the two. Wink

Pity it didn't have a warning in the pre-merger alert to that fact. Sad

I used a prior back-up of 2 days old to fix it, so not a real lot of damage was done. Toungue
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
The attached file should fix this. Upload it to your admin directory
Thanks a heap Tikitiki... Wink

I'm glad it is known as a bug even though I searched for "merge" here, couldn't get onto the problem. Sad
Then your probably the first to report the bug and therefore Tikitiki fixed it in the latest code.
Which I'm grateful for.. Smile

I could see in the Db that the switches for user lopalong - - can, can, can etc. were turned off. I was going to cut and paste the user admin (rename to lopalong) and posts table from the old db.. And I thought it was a lot of trouble for little gain, as I'd spent enough time on it already. Wink