MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Released] Inventory Shop 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
As of this post, version 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2 of the Inventory Shop is being released.

Forunately, there are very few changes in this version, so I expect the next version to be the Final release! (Whew. Big Grin)

The current change log for this version consists of:
  • A small HTML fix in shop_donate.
  • Added code so that users cannot donate zero (not a bug, just keeping up with consistency, I mean, you would never donate 0 dollars in real life, would you? Wink).
  • Fixed a small bug with adding the Money System setting.

Of course, you can find all upgrade instructions in the next post.

Enjoy!

I'd also like to note, that I expect this to be the last Release Candidate. If there are no serious bugs reported in the next week it will be marked as Final.

Also, I'd like to note that, due to me not having time to rifle through support requests in a single thread, I am moving support for this plugin to my site.

While, I will still provide support here at MyBB, priority support will be given to those that post on my site.

I'm doing this so that I can better organize the different things that people post. Support, Bug Reports, Suggestions, etc.

*** UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FOR 1.1.0 RC1 TO 1.1.0 RC2 ***

Upload all files to the right places, as per usual.

Open the shop_donate template and replace it's entire contents, with this:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->inv_shop} - {$lang->donate}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr><td class="thead" colspan="3"><strong>{$lang->donate}</td></tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" style="width:100%" colspan="3"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->donate_to_user}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" style="width: 100%">
<form action="shop.php?do=do_donate" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="source" value="{$source}" />
<input type="hidden" name="dest" value="{$dest}" />
<input type="hidden" name="thread" value="{$thread}" />
<input type="hidden" name="post" value="{$post}" />
        <input type="text" class="textbox" name="money" />
    <input type="submit" class="button" name="go" value="{$lang->donate}" />
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

{$copyright}

{$footer}
</body>
</html>

|+-----------------------+|

Where to download?

You can download this plugin in two places:

1. http://mods.mybboard.net/view/inventory-shop (You'll need to wait until approved)

2. http://www.evolutionx-productions.com/products/p-2 (Registration required)

Feature Listing for Inventory Shop 1.2

Compatibility with MyBB 1.4 (Major Feature of this release)
Revamped Language System (I hate the way it's done in 1.1.x >_<)
Version Checking (via Internal MyBB Feature)
Edit Money and Items via Moderator CP and Admin CP. (Will be done, one way or another)

Feature Listing for Inventory Shop 2

All the features from previous versions.
Code Rewrite
Redone Front-End Design
Redone Admin CP Interface
Item Images
Redone Postbit Setup
Custom Shops (Users gain profit on Custom Shops, also ability to enable/disable)
Sales Tax on Custom Shops (EX .1 means the Shop Owner will not get 10% of the sales price)
Moderating Staff Salary (Usergroups settible via Admin CP)
Bank (Users deposit money and gain monthly interest, also ability to enable/disable)
Sell at a percentage. (EX. .9 means the user will only get 90% of the purchase price)
Redone Database Schema (All shop tables will be double prefixed with "yourprefix_shop_tablename", and there will be more of them, to organize some of the new features.)
Setting to change the overall name of the Inventory Shop
Ability to turn the overall entire shop on or off, without losing any information.
More to come probably.

Feature Listing for Inventory Shop 2.1

You think I'd reveal this yet? Wink

Why don't I just make 1.2 version 2? Excellent question!

I've decided to do it this way because version 1.2 is basically going to be a MyBB 1.4 Compatible version of the 1.1.x version, with very few additional features. This version is also so I can hold people over with 1.4 compatible version while still working on version 2.

Remember, I am the only one programming this plugin so please be patient with me while developing these two versions, as they will be developed simultaneously.

Also, instead of public beta's, like 1.1.x, 1.2.x will go through a private beta process, like MyBB. This will hopefully shorten the Beta time down a bit. Version 2 will, however, have a public beta.
Looks great Ryan. I will do some heavy testing in the next few days.

Looking over the code you did a great job. I really appreciate the support of myps in your plugin.
Not a problem, labrocca.

And yes, please do some testing, I need to get every possible bug fixed. Smile

The next version will be label Release Candidate 1, and will feature bug fixes and some code cleanup. Smile
So what can users do with the currency? Is it just there?
So there's no way to "buy" real items like files or images? Is there any plan to implement that in the near future? Big Grin
PHP_Paul Wrote:So what can users do with the currency? Is it just there?

You can buy virtual items like weapons and armor (this can be changed to be anything you wish)

judel Wrote:So there's no way to "buy" real items like files or images? Is there any plan to implement that in the near future? Big Grin

Since this is an Gaming related plugin, no, but since I do include plugin hooks so someone can possibly make an add-on for that kind of thing. Smile
Ryan, would it be possible to have images for each of the items in a future version?

For the games my forum covers, I have access to the weapon/armor/item/etc. images, so having a "visual" idea of what it is would be a good thing for my members.

I don't think it would be that hard --- just have the images get uploaded to somewhere in the forum, and an extra field for adding the image alongside the item.

Anyways, kudos on all of your hard work so far on the script. I'll be insatalling this one in a few days (I was waiting for a MYPS version to be released). Smile
Soshite Wrote:Ryan, would it be possible to have images for each of the items in a future version?

For the games my forum covers, I have access to the weapon/armor/item/etc. images, so having a "visual" idea of what it is would be a good thing for my members.

Ahh yes, you reminded to explain what is going on in the future versions. Thanks. Wink

Here is what I got for the future:

Version 1.1.0 Release Candidate 1
So far, I've fixed a potentially serious bug that could cause many unnecessary queries to be run on a single thread, that could, in turn, cause server loads to rise when a user views a thread with 50 posts per page. (If that were the case I just neutralized 49 queries XD, also thanks to a good friend for the fix.)
Remember to report bugs guys. Wink

Version 1.2.x
The only thing with this version is that it will be compatible with MyBB 1.4, this is merely so people actually have a Shop Plugin while I work on the next full version.

I'll do some minor changes to fit with the new 1.4 Admin CP, but not many,

Version 2.0.x
This is the big one, I have many plans for this version.

That includes a big re-write of the core code, a completely redone Admin CP backend, a re-designed Front-End, User Made Shops, Item Images, and many many more features which I'm not going to reveal as of yet. Wink

So, as soon as 1.4 goes Beta, I'll start working on these two versions.

Soshite Wrote:I don't think it would be that hard --- just have the images get uploaded to somewhere in the forum, and an extra field for adding the image alongside the item.

It won't be that hard and doesn't even require an extra field in the database. Wink

Soshite Wrote:Anyways, kudos on all of your hard work so far on the script. I'll be insatalling this one in a few days (I was waiting for a MYPS version to be released). Smile

Many thanks for the compliments. Smile
Well, I'm happy Smile

But my home Internet is screwed so I can't use it Sad Toungue

Great work though,

BP
I don't think I may use it at my corrent forum, But I have to say thanks for your great effort to provide some cool plugins
and I'm sure I'll use it someday win I start on a new forum
thanks once more man keep your great works up Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12