MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (SMF) Conversion problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, a few more problems I stumbled upon:

1) Thread and post titles turned out to be HTML-encoded - e.g. an < was displayed as &lt; (same for >, &, and "). Either there's some extraneous HTML escaping happening, or SMF stores thread/post subjects as HTML escaped in the db (*boggle*).

2) Single ticks (') were stored as \x03 in the database. Sounds a bit weird to me. Might be SMF is storing it that way internally? (*reboggle*)

I fixed both by editing the db directly.

Otherwise, no problems so far - the conversion script even survived my ISP disconnecting me for a few hours in the middle of the post import, and resumed happily after that. Nice work, thanks a lot :-)
Continuing on from this, didn't you say in IRC last night that the script times out when trying to calculate the dimensions of external avatars that don't exist anymore?
DrPoodle Wrote:Continuing on from this, didn't you say in IRC last night that the script times out when trying to calculate the dimensions of external avatars that don't exist anymore?

As reported here, and deemed as a problem on my side.

Another problem I encountered:

Imported private messages are stored in HTML format, so their formatting is all "broken" (includes <br> etc.). I suspect this is a similar problem to the post/thread subjects.
I suspect you have some sort of mod to pre-parse posts/threads/private messages?

If not then I suspect SMF does that by itself. I'm unsure but I thought I already unhtmlentitied them in the code. I'll have to take a look to verify.
Tikitiki Wrote:I suspect you have some sort of mod to pre-parse posts/threads/private messages?

My MyBB and merge system installation doesn't have anything extra installed.

Sadly, I have no idea what the SMF installation had (it had a lot - some 3-4 year old, with a LOT of stuff). I just got the sql dump.
Hi all, using MYBB Merge System lots of posts are incomplete or not completely converted.
Have i to wait for stable release?
(2008-06-08, 06:44 PM)michx Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, using MYBB Merge System lots of posts are incomplete or not completely converted.
Have i to wait for stable release?

I would unless you have a small amount of posts that you can edit by hand.