MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Differences between a sequential backup and non-sequential?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the database backup section of Mybb in the AdminCP, what is the difference between choosing a seqential backup or a non-sequential backup?

I like backing up my full database, but I choose a sequential backup everytime I backup my database.

I am not sure if a sequential backup is the full database for Mybb or if it just backs up the recent changes to the database.

I just don't want to wind up finding out my database backup is useless due to not backing up the full database and only the changes.
Sequential clears the cache so that if you have a large database, it won't overload the memory or timeout. This is removed in 1.4 and is always "sequential" because the pros overweight the cons and so as not to confuse you.
Tikitiki Wrote:Sequential clears the cache so that if you have a large database, it won't overload the memory or timeout. This is removed in 1.4 and is always "sequential" because the pros overweight the cons and so as not to confuse you.

So sequential is better than non-sequential? So if I do a sequential backup I am still getting the full contents of the database such as threads, setting, permissions, forums and plugin settings etc....?
Yes.
Thanks, well I guess that answers my questions. Toungue

I was just worried that I might be backing my database up wrong and don't want to have a fubar'd backup in case anything goes wrong.