MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank page when installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I downloaded v1.4 and tried to install (for testing it, i have Servage's hosting).
But i get always blank page.
When i put the database details and i press "next", i get blank screen.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
aye, me too

any ideas ?

cheers
I can't see how can we help in such situation... since I won't suggest to publish your installation details.
But if you want you may PM me the url and the needed details and I'll see what I can do, if we'll find the problem we'll come back to post it.
I'm getting this problem too, but trying to install 1.2.14 Was the problem ever found?
What version of MySQL are you using?

Also, please edit your install/index.php:
Find:
   $db->error_reporting = 0;
Replace with:
   $db->error_reporting = 1;

Rerun the installer and paste here any errors you get.
Hi DennisTT

I did the above but still didn't get an error, it went straight to the 404 page. I'm beginning to think the problem is with my web hosts because I thought I would try to install 1.4.02 but I got the exact same problem, I managed to catch this on my error logs though.

/home/mycpanelname/public_html/myforumname/install/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable, referer:

I have been in contact with them over this issue and their response was that "There was no .htaccess file in the /install/ folder, I've created this so if you want to try again. Which I did but this also didn't work.

The webhosts run MySQL client version: 4.1.22
I had the exact same thing happen with v1.4.2 when trying to connect/install using a MySQL v4.0 db- I would just get a blank screen and nothing would happen. Never could get it to work with v4.0. When I switched the db to MySQL v5.0, I had no issues whatsoever and all the tables created instantaneously on the first try.

Maybe there's a MySQL v4 issue?
(2008-10-27, 06:05 PM)Junkyman Wrote: [ -> ]I had the exact same thing happen with v1.4.2 when trying to connect/install using a MySQL v4.0 db- I would just get a blank screen and nothing would happen. Never could get it to work with v4.0. When I switched the db to MySQL v5.0, I had no issues whatsoever and all the tables created instantaneously on the first try.

Maybe there's a MySQL v4 issue?

Yes there is an issue with MySQL 4.0 installations with MyBB 1.4.x. The bug has been fixed for 1.4.x.

Please note this forum is for 1.2.x support. If you have problems with 1.4.x please post it in the 1.4 General Support forum. Thanks.

(2008-10-27, 03:22 PM)sasastro Wrote: [ -> ]/home/mycpanelname/public_html/myforumname/install/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable, referer:

I have been in contact with them over this issue and their response was that "There was no .htaccess file in the /install/ folder, I've created this so if you want to try again. Which I did but this also didn't work.

The webhosts run MySQL client version: 4.1.22

Make sure the .htaccess file is CHMOD to 644. You may want to confirm this with your webhost -- it seems this problem is host-related anyway. If you're still getting the .htaccess errors in your error log, I suggest you resolve this with your webhost. I can't really help you with that.
Just to keep you updated. This was indeed an issue with my hosts which is now resolved. Seems it was an issue with the mod_security rules