MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Goes Open Source, Now GNU GPL v3 Licensed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I can't believe it!
Well, this is good news, and at least it will bring an end to the "Will mybb always be free?" questions! Big Grin
I just can't believe it!
Woo. Smile
Ehhh no one commented? Toungue
Congratulations everyone and bravo Chris and whoever was involved in making the decision. Smile
Already began my derivative version Wink

This is great news.
Fantastic! I used to use MyBB all the time, until I learnt about how cool free software was. And now I have a reason to use this great forum software again \o/
does this mean we can remove the powered by mybb line or what? PM me with replies or quote it!
Wow, this is HUGE news! I'd very much like to applaud the move, since I think GPL works really really well for WordPress, and now my most favourite forum software also has the same license. Smile A big thank you to the people who made this big step!
(2008-10-12, 09:58 AM)mcgroove Wrote: [ -> ]does this mean we can remove the powered by mybb line or what? PM me with replies or quote it!

You may, however we may not provide you for support when you post a request. As explained in the announcement, the "Powered by" is the one thing we get back out of MyBB to help us build a larger user base.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14