MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passwords always lost with SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB 1.2.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have tried merging my SMF 1.1.7 databases with MyBB 2.1.14 three times, and every time, everyone loses login ability and I have to reset passwords.

Now I have to do it on my corporate site and we can't do that with 850 users.

I've used the loginconvert.php plugin before and after, but nothing gets the passwords merged.

Could you please help me with the steps to ensure password stability in migrations?

My steps:

1. Copy the /convert folder to the forum root
  2. Put the loginconvert.php into the plugins
  3. Activate the plugin
  4. Merge

Thanks!
You do keep it active, yeah??
Yes, it's remaining active, but current users are getting an error - sorry I forgot about the error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_sessions SET loginattempts=loginattempts+1 WHERE sid = '2704270b8b6c722f34d14bace467c0aa'
You're the second person now to have an error like that, involving the sid, after converting to MyBB... I'm afraid I don't know how to fix that but if someone else has it I'll file a bug report and see if there's a problem with the script or if something else goes wrong somewhere along the line.

Jeez I really need to test out this merge system...
Are you using the 1.4 Snapshot or the 1.2 version? Because it looks like your trying to use the 1.2 login convert plugin with a 1.4 forum.
I converted to 1.4 after the merge because the theme I want to use was built for 1.4. Is that what you need to know?
Okay, so you need to use the MyBB 1.4 Login Convert plugin. Go to the MyBB Merge Downloads section on this site, down the svn snapshot and try the loginconvert.php plugin that comes with that zip file. It should work with 1.4.
Thanks, Ryan - I'll give that a shot and reply back either way.
That worked. Thanks. I thought the convert was associated with the version when converting, not the one you're running. You may want to sticky that, if you don't mind. Thanks for the solution guys.

Have a good weekened.
(2008-12-05, 11:41 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Ryan - I'll give that a shot and reply back either way.
That worked. Thanks. I thought the convert was associated with the version when converting, not the one you're running. You may want to sticky that, if you don't mind. Thanks for the solution guys.

Have a good weekened.

Are you actually telling me that other than the passwords problem, you had a successful merge from SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB???

I have tried it with SMF 1.1.7 many, many times both merging directly to 1.4 with the 1.4 Snapshot and merging with the 1.2 merge tool but my forums get totally mixed up with various forums ending up in the wrong categories plus no attachments being successfully merged plus a bunch of other major problems. Until I read this thread, I was convinced that there was no way to go from SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB at this time. I guess I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what it might be. I followed the instructions to the letter and still it's a disaster.Huh
(2008-12-06, 03:52 AM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-05, 11:41 PM)Jesse Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Ryan - I'll give that a shot and reply back either way.

Have a good weekened.

Are you actually telling me that other than the passwords problem, you had a successful merge from SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB???

I have tried it with SMF 1.1.7 many, many times both merging directly to 1.4 with the 1.4 Snapshot and merging with the 1.2 merge tool but my forums get totally mixed up with various forums ending up in the wrong categories plus no attachments being successfully merged plus a bunch of other major problems. Until I read this thread, I was convinced that there was no way to go from SMF 1.1.7 to MyBB at this time. I guess I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what it might be. I followed the instructions to the letter and still it's a disaster.Huh

Is your SMF modded what-so-ever?
Pages: 1 2 3