MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Work in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Today searching for a decent mybb skin i remembered why i became a web designer - because i can rarely find quality themes(and here i put a huge accent on mybb themes): after a hour of browsing around on google and mybboard theme repository(on a boring phonetics course) i got to the conclusion that there are about 4 decent mybb themes on the web, the rest of them look horrible(maybe it's just me, i'm a tough critic)

I decided to make a theme for a forum, maybe i will release it as a free theme, not sure yet.
Quote:
I got myself together and made a rough sketch of the design after which i started working on the postbit design, today i had about one hour free time to spend on designing and here's the outcome(getting started is the hardest) (please disregard the watermark and the blue icons(they serve as placeholders till i make mines)

The Postbit design is ready, view it below(last image)

16 Jan 9 PM(GMT+2)
[attachment=12364]

17 Jan 1:16 AM(GMT+2)
[attachment=12365]

17 Jan 6:26 PM(GMT+2)
[attachment=12373]

28 FEB 5:35 PM(GMT+2)
[attachment=12936]

01 MAR 12:21 PM(GMT+2)
[attachment=12943]

any suggestions are welcome
That looks brilliant, actually.
very smooth, I liked Smile

If you accept a suggestion: add these 2 items to Top Navigation (near New Post/Pms):
My Posts/My Threads

EDIT: If you could alternate Green/Blue BKG colors on left panel to posts could be awesome too (I mean the "Green" on your screen)
Added to the first post the updated design. I don't like the status icons, they look dull, and will be changed later on.

Today(saturday) i won't have time to work on it due to paid projects, but hopefully on sunday i will be able to squeeze in 3 hours like i did today
One of the best looking themes ever. This is going to be a smash hit.
Looks pretty cool the showthread template Smile
finished work earlier today and did some changes(see attachment 3 in first post), now i have to figure out how to make the top part look like without making it look like vb/ipb or any other forum software
Hope you release this in some alternate colours. Smile

Next time I have to do a website redesign, this template will be a good candidate for me.
best preview ever of a mybb theme, congrats for your effort making such a unique style Smile

I agree with Bey Brad - alternate colors could be awesome - I mean, no need of a color-picker, just distinct releases like Justin S. has made with "Afresh"
As long as you include the PSDs, it should be fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7