MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyNetwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
As a request from the suggestion, I'll be attempting to convert something I custom made into a plugin. I've decided to call it MyNetwork (catchy huh? Toungue), just so I can keep it inline with MyTracker and MyWiki really...

So, the idea is to provide (basic) "social networking" functions. The core of which will be:
  • User Status (similar to Twitter, Facebook Status, for example)
  • Profile Comments
  • Extended Buddylist
  • Extended Reputation System
  • Extended UserCP (to include things like interests, music, movies etc.)
  • Profile Views (maybe)
  • Poke Ability (you have no idea how much I use this on Facebook!)
Is there anything else that you feel should be included as standard? I'll be following MyBB development standards as closely as possible so the system could be extended by the Plugin System (as in, create plugins for the MyNetwork plugin) and closer integration with the forum.

There's no timescales for this plugin - it will be ready when it's ready. Please use this thread for making feature suggestions and not a "when is it ready" sort of thing. Smile
MyTracker and MyWiki? What are those?
I'm looking forward to this Wink

But I don't know what else could be put into it :?
(2009-02-18, 09:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]MyTracker and MyWiki? What are those?
  • MyTracker - a Bug / Project Tracker that integrates into MyBB
  • MyWiki - a Wiki that integrates into MyBB (custom - uses MyBB's editor / MyCode instead of the traditional - and confusing - wiki coding).
Haven't released either of them yet as I'm still bug testing - they're collectively known as "MyStuff" apparently... Toungue
Sounds cool Big Grin

Will the buddylist be better as in if someone adds you as a buddy, then it adds you to their list?

As I never liked the whole you add them and they have to manually add you.
My Tracker will be great when im developing my software and where theres bugs in it etc. Also love the whole of this project. Is this going to be a faily "big" plugin?
(2009-02-18, 12:53 PM)Luke Beale Wrote: [ -> ]Will the buddylist be better as in if someone adds you as a buddy, then it adds you to their list?

It will... it works in a similar way to Facebook / MySpace - you won't be able to see a user's full profile, or anything they set as hidden, unless you are a "friend".

(2009-02-18, 01:08 PM)Hapatio Wrote: [ -> ]My Tracker will be great when im developing my software and where theres bugs in it etc. Also love the whole of this project. Is this going to be a faily "big" plugin?

Smile What do you mean by "big"? It will follow MyBB's stance on being lightweight, so it won't take too much space up on your server/host or server load... hopefully...
Also for people who already have buddies?

Will they stay buddies or will they need to get re-added?
It will of course import the existing buddies... they won't need re-added...
Nice. Have an idea for when a BETA release is coming out?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36