MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible to Merge Forum on Different Domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on changing my forum from phpBB to MyBB but I am setting up the new version on its own domain. When I use the merge it asks for the database info but nothing I have tried seems to work and I get "Could not connect to the database server at 'trueghosttales.com with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct? "

I had thought there was a way to merge with a downloaded backup but I cant figure out how to do that.

I would really like to get my forum up with MyBB
Well, what are the database details you have in your phpbb config file?? Just slap those in.
Thanks for the reply Mattalan

Thats what I have done but localhost would not work because the phpBB is on a different domain. I tried the url but that doesnt work.
I don't think the URL itself matters, it's the server it's on. Is the phpBB database located on a different server?? If so, you can create a new database, upload the phpbb database to that, and then give the details to it.
OK, I got it now. Thanks again for your help. I am liking MyBB already!